The New C/W MARS Catalog (as of May 29, 2012)
The Harvard Public Library and C/W MARS have moved to a new library system software: Evergreen.
As of May 29th, the catalog has a brand new look, and some great new features!
Welcome to the Evergreen system!
NEW CATALOG FEATURES
The C/W MARS catalog allows you to search for books and other items at the Harvard Public Library or at any library in the C/W MARS network. It contains a single search box for you to enter search terms.
- Keyword - finds the terms you enter anywhere in the entire record of an item. This includes title, author, subject, and other information.
- Title - finds the terms you enter in a title of an item.
- Author - finds the terms you enter in the author of an item. You can type first name, then last name, or reverse.
- Subject - finds the terms you enter in the subject of an item. Subjects are categories assigned to items, in this case the Library of Congress Subject Headings.
- Series - finds the terms you enter in the title of a multi-part series.
You can also limit your search by format:
- Large Print Books
- Audiobooks (CD & Cassettes)
- Video Recordings (VHS, DVD, etc.)
- Electronic Resources (databases or other resources available electronically in the library or online)
Access the Advanced Search page by clicking "Advanced Search" on the C/W MARS Catalog homepage or in your Search Results screen.
By default, the search results are in order of greatest to least relevance. You can change this and select to order results by relevance, title, author, or publication date.
Group Formats and Editions
Click this checkbox to have all formats and editions of the same title grouped together as one result. For example, the DVD, audiobook and first and second print editions of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets will appear together.
Limit to Available
Click this checkbox to limit to items that are currently available. Titles without available items in the library will not be displayed.
You can limit your searches by Item Type, Language, Audience and Publication Year.
The Advanced button next to the filter name creates a more detailed menu to choose from. For each filter type, you can select multiple criteria by holding down the CTRL key as you click options.
Access your patron account through the catalog by clicking "My Account" on the C/W MARS Catalog Homepage or in the links to the left of the other pages.
Use your library card and assigned password (your last name typed in all UPPER CASE for existing patrons, assigned at library for new patrons).
Click through all your account information from one screen:
- Account Summary
- Items Checked Out
- Items on Hold
- Account Preferences
- My Lists
Special features in your account include:
Account Summary - Create your own username for login instead of the assigned one, update your password or email address at any time.
Account Preferences - Settings such as number of search results, search location and range can be personalized while you are logged in.
My Lists - Your lists can now be made public to share with others. Options to access them include through links or an RSS feed.
- Limit your searches to materials that are currently available (on the shelf).
- See all available formats of a title with one search by using Group Formats and Editions. Don't care if you ge the print or CD version? Place a single request for all acceptable formats - the first one that is available.
- Change your search from your local library collection to materials at all C/W MARS libraries (Central & Western) with just a couple of clicks.
- Create your own user preferences for when you are logged into the catalog - unique usernames, library searches, and more!
- Save titles to lists, for yourself or to share with other people through an RSS feed.
Some materials adapted from MVLC "The New MVLC Catalog" and "Sitka Evergreen Training Manual", Copyright c2011 BC Libraries Cooperative.