Librarian for a Day
October 2, 2019
On Saturday the two winners of the Librarian for a Day raffle visited the library!
V. and R. had a great couple of hours as Librarians for a Day!
Here's what they did:
- they learned about the history of the library and the Old Bromfield building
- explored the local history collection in the Harris Room
- learned about how books are covered (and tried out the library's book stamps!)
- met staff at the circulation desk, reference desk, and children’s desk and learned about what they do in their jobs
- learned about how books are checked out – and they got to use the barcode reader!
- saw the book drop room
- used the microfilm machine
- got a tour of the whole library, and even walked up the original Bromfield stairs just like students used to when it was a school
- put together an awesome book display of their favorite books
- and they helped select a new Halloween book using book reviews in The Horn Book magazine!
For photos from this fun day, see this post on the Children's Room at the Harvard Public Library Facebook page.
V. and R. won the chance to be Librarians for a Day by entering the summer reading raffle prize.
Don't worry, we'll offer this as a raffle prize again next summer, too, so that more kids have this fun opportunity to learn more about the library and being a librarian!
And our thanks to the Concord Free Public Library for this wonderful idea! :)