Looking for the latest best-sellers, award-winners, or a suggestion about what to read next? The Harvard Public Library provides a wealth of resources for you to consider. In addition to the resources listed below, we are always available to provide reading recommendations. Call us at 978-456-4114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Most Popular eMagazines
- Hidden Gems eMagazines
- Harvard League of Women Voters Book List
- Checkout the Harvard Public Library YouTube Channel to view quick tutorials on requesting items through the catalog!
New Item Alerts Signup
Don't miss another good book, DVD, or audiobook at the Library. Sign up to receive customized monthly emailed lists of the new items at the Harvard Public Library (including fiction, non-fiction, mysteries, eaudiobooks, DVDs, and more.)
New Items, Books on the Air, and Award Lists
Browse our New Items, Books on the Air, and Award Lists. All the lists include descriptions and links to the catalog for easy requesting.
New Items at the Harvard Public Library
- New Fiction and Nonfiction
- New Mystery
- eBooks ~ OverDrive, Hoopla & Freading collections
- eAudiobooks ~ OverDrive & Hoopla collections
- New Books on CD
- New DVDs
- Teen Books
- Teen eBooks ~ OverDrive, Hoopla & Freading collections
- Children's Picture Books
- Children's Chapter Books
- Children's Advanced Reader Books
This Week's Bestsellers
Books on the Air
An overview of talked-about books and authors. This weekly update, published every Friday, provides descriptions of recent TV and radio appearances by authors and their recently released books. See the hot titles from the media.
Browse our Award Winners lists to find that Pulitzer Prize winner or National Book Award winner you always meant to read.
- National Book Award for Fiction
- National Book Award for Nonfiction
- Pulitzer Prize for Fiction
- Pulitzer Prize for Nonfiction
- Nobel Prize for Literature
- Man Booker Prize
- Agatha Award
Locate Your Next Great Read
Use Novelist Plus to find read-alikes to your favorite books and authors, find helpful book discussion guides, easily locate the order of a series, and more!
Our catalog also includes recommendations from NoveList Plus. Just search the catalog for a book you enjoyed, open the book’s record and see the listed Author, Title, and Series suggestions.
Keeping Track of Your Reading
Want to keep track of the items you have checked out from the library? Enable your Check Out History while logged into your Harvard Public Library Card account.
Your Check Out History allows you to keep a history of the items you have checked out. This list is confidential, and accessible only to you. Your Check Out History will begin once you follow these steps:
- Log in to your library account
- Click the "Account Preferences" tab
- Then click the "Search and History Preferences" tab
- Check the box next to "Keep history of checked out items?"
You can discontinue your Check Out History any time by unchecking the box.
You can also keep track of your digital reading in both library apps OverDrive and Hoopla. In the OverDrive app select History from the menu bar. In the Hoopla app, from the My Hoopla screen select the settings symbol and Personal.
We can get that for you!
Have a list of books you want to read, need suggestions on what to read next, or unsure of how to find the specific format you are looking for—print, large print, book on CD, eBook, or eAudiobook?