No Storytimes during School Vacation Weeks
- All Infant Storytimes are drop-in.
- Please pre-register for the Storytime for 2’s & 3’s and Art & Stories for 4’s & 5’s by calling the Children’s Room at 978-456-2381.
- Weather Policy: On the days that the Harvard Public Schools are closed or have a delayed opening due to bad weather, storytimes will be cancelled.
Infant Storytime: Mother Goose on the Loose
- Ages 0–2 and up
- Mondays & Thursdays at 10:30
- **NO STORYTIME ON THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11**
Mother Goose on the Loose is an early literacy program that uses rhymes and songs to help pre-reading children get ready for reading. It incorporates music, movement, ritual, repetition, positive reinforcement, developmental tips, nursery rhymes, puppets, musical instruments, colored scarves, and book reading into a fun-filled 30 to 45 minute session for infants to 2-year-olds and caregivers (older siblings also welcome). Ask to be put on the email list for last minute schedule changes: call the Children's Room at (978) 456 - 2381.
Storytime for 2’s & 3’s
- Ages 2–3
- Pre-registration required
Storytime for 2’s & 3’s (6 week session began 9/26 ~ pre-registration required) – Ages 2 & 3: Wednesdays at 10:15 & 10:50
- Storytime for 3’s & 2’s (6 week session began 9/26 ~ pre-registration required) – Ages 2 & 3: Wednesdays at 1:30
This 20 to 30 minute interactive theme-based storytime includes songs, simple stories, feltboard stories, creative dramatics, and fingerplays appropriate for children aged 2 & 3 years old. Both groups are appropriate for 2 & 3 year olds and follow the same curriculum, but the morning group is aimed more at 2 year olds and the afternoon group is more for 3 year olds. Register now for the current 6 week session which began on September 26 and runs through November 7 (no storytime on October 10, and no 1:30 storytime on October 17). Pre-registration required: Limit of 10 children and their caregivers per time slot.
Call the Children's Room at (978) 456 - 2381.
Art & Stories for 4’s & 5’s
- Ages 4 & 5+
- Pre-registration required
- Mondays at 1:15
- 6 week session began 9/24
This 30 to 45 minute program, appropriate for children ages 4 to 7, begins with a few longer picturebook stories, then ends with a process art project that encourages preschoolers to explore art materials in an open-ended, creative manner. Register now for the current 6 week session which began on September 24 and runs through November 5 (no storytime on October 8).
Pre-registration required: Limit of 12 children. Call the Children's Room at (978) 456 - 2381.
Saturday Storytimes (no sign-up required)
- Ages 3 - 7
- October 20th at 10:30 am
Teen volunteers lead these fun drop-in, half-hour Saturday Storytimes for children ages 3 to 7 and their caregivers.
October theme is: Monsters