We are here to help! The Harvard Library’s Reference Librarians provide assistance during all hours the Library is open.
- Phone: 978-456-4114
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To reach the Children's room, send an email to: hplchildrens@
Here are some of the things we help people with regularly:
- Finding books, audiobooks, movies, television shows and music at HPL or at another library
- Obtaining copies of articles from magazines, scholarly journals, reports and newspapers
- Introducing patrons to our local history and genealogical resources
- Providing reading recommendations
- Finding business, government, or health and wellness information
- Assisting with basic computer, tablet and smartphone guidance
- Teaching patrons how to use the library apps and other electronic resources
- And much more, just ask us!
Book a Librarian
In addition to our One-on-One Tech Help, we also provide more in-depth research assistance. You can reserve a 30-minute session with a Reference Librarian for one-on-one help with almost anything.
Popular topics include, but are not limited to:
- Introduction to the Library
- How to place holds on library materials
- Advanced searching strategies
- Finding materials for children or teens
- Help downloading eBooks and other resources
- Assistance setting up an email account
- Researching an assignment
- In-depth demonstration of how to use the library's databases