GRAB & GO! ~ Requested items placed in a bag available for quick pickup
NOTE: As of September 17, 2022 a patron must request the GRAB & GO service, otherwise their holds will be held at the Circulation Desk. If you are interested in the GRAB & GO service, please let the Circulation Staff know or fill out the Bag Request Form.
If a patron has signed up for the service, they may submit requests through the following ways:
- Telephone 978-456-4114 during our open hours. Check the front page notice for any changes in hours.
- Online through the Harvard Public Library Catalog
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Request Form ~ any material
- Quick Pick Children's Book Bundles
- Teen Book Grab Bag
- Adult Book Grab Bag
- Research and Homework Request Form
If the requested materials are available on our shelves, Library staff will retrieve the items and prepare them for pickup. Materials coming from other libraries may also be available.
You will receive a notification when your Grab & Go! order is available for pickup. Please note, text and email notifications are sent when the item(s) arrives at the library. If you do not see a bag for you on a Grab & Go! table, it may not have been processed yet. Please go to the Circulation Desk where your item(s) will be available for checkout.
Materials may be picked up anytime the library is open. Your bag will have your name on it.
Grab your bag and enjoy!
Grab & Go Tutorial Videos
- Unsure of how to place a hold in our catalog?
- Want to learn some helpful tips on searching the catalog and requesting books, DVDs and more for Grab & Go! pick-up?
Check out our new helpful tutorial videos created by Librarian Megan.
In our first two tutorial videos, Megan will walk you through signing into the online catalog, searching the catalog and requesting items.
- Join Megan as she walks you through placing a hold in the catalog.
- Learn some helpful tips from Megan on requesting materials for Grab & Go!.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your question is not addressed here, please call the library 978-456-4114.
What is Grab & Go! pickup?
Grab & Go! pickup allows patrons to pick up library materials that have been requested by phone, email, the online request form or placed on hold in the catalog. Their requested items will be placed in a Grab & Go! bag with their name on it and placed on the tables just to the left, inside the entrance of the library.
When can I pick up items using Grab & Go!?
Grab & Go! is available anytime the library is open and to those Patrons who have signed up for the service.
Who can use Grab & Go! service?
All Harvard Public Library and CW MARS cardholders in good standing can use the service.
How long will it take for my Grab & Go! order to be ready?
We will fill your Grab & Go! orders as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
How will I know when my Grab & Go! pickup order is ready?
You will be notified by a phone call, email or text notification depending on what you selected on your library account. Please note, text and email notifications are sent when the item(s) arrives at the library. If you do not see a bag for you on a Grab & Go! table, it may not have been processed yet. Please go to the Circulation Desk where your item(s) will be available for checkout.
To change your notification type log into My Account https://catalog.cwmars.org/
- Click on the Account Preferences tab.
- The second tab under the Account Preferences tab is Notification Preferences.
- Click on the Notification Preferences tab. Under this tab, you will set up how you would like to be contacted for holds, by email, by telephone, and/or by text message. To select any or all of these options, check the checkbox next to the notification type.
- Your default phone number will either be the one already in your account or a new one that you enter here.
- If you select to be notified by text message and you choose the wrong mobile carrier, you will not receive a text message. Be sure to enter all ten digits of your telephone number with no spaces and no dashes between the number groups.
- If you have open holds when you update your notification preferences, you will be prompted to update those holds.
Will I be able to pick up items that were ordered from another library?
Yes delivery service is available.
Can I place a hold over the phone?
Yes! You may call the library during our open hours to place a hold. Depending when you call, your order may not be ready until the next open day.
I don’t have a specific book I want to read. Can I still request books?
Yes! Please call us 978-456-4114, email email@example.com or fill out an Online Request Form. Other forms available are the Quick Pick Children's Book Bundles, the Teen Book Grab Bag, the Adult Book Grab Bag or the Research and Homework Request Form.
Let us know what:
Audience level of materials (Adult, Teen or Children)
Format of materials (Books, DVDs, Audio CDs, etc.)
Genres (Fiction, Mysteries, Biographies, etc.) or Topics (World War II, Cooking, Painting etc.) and
you are interested in and the library staff will gather materials together for you.