Row Twelve Chamber Ensemble
“Where Are We Going?” will be a program of classical music, jazz, film, and poetry, including:
- Scene from Orfeo ed Euridice by Christoph Willibald Gluck (trans. by Georges Barrère)
- The Lotus Pond, by Gamal Abdel-Rahim
- Adagio from the Fantasy in C Major (Op. 15), by Franz Schubert
- A short film by Whitney Lauritsen
- Jazz improvisations on Fools Rush In Where Angels Fear to Tread and Fly Me to the Moon
- Cool as a Kook, Walk in the Kelp Forest, and Tahiti for Two, by Jeffrey Wu
There will be additional music, dance, and a dressage exhibition at the ensuing Cadence Farm reception.
Row Twelve Chamber Ensemble, founded in 1987, specializes in bringing innovative modern works to New England audiences through the lyrical medium of chamber music. Row Twelve is committed to helping audiences realize the beauty, emotion, and power of the music. We feel that the intimacy of the chamber setting is ideal for enjoying the wonderful music of yesterday and today.
A branch of the Boston Theater Group, Row Twelve focuses on programs that combine music and poetry. Row Twelve regularly works with dancers, writers, and visual artists. It has premiered dozens of new compositions and performance pieces.
Performers will include Andy Brewster, bass; Karen Henry, reader; Katherine Kleitz, flute; Marc Lauritsen, piano; and Jeffrey Wu, saxophone.