We are pleased to announce the following changes to our service in conjunction with the Governor's Reopening of Massachusetts.
Beginning Tuesday, June 1, Harvard Public Library will reopen for walk-in visitors each day from 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM. Appointments will be required for patrons to enter the library between 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM; time slots for appointments may be reserved online. Unvaccinated patrons will be required to wear masks when in the building; fully vaccinated patrons are encouraged to wear masks. Because persons under 12 cannot as yet be vaccinated, anyone under the age of 12 will be required to wear a mask at all times while in the library. Anyone entering the Children's room will be required to wear a mask.Plexiglass has been installed at every service desk and will remain in place for the foreseeable future. Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes are readily available throughout the building,As of June 17th we will be open to all visitors without reservations.We will continue to make curbside service available to patrons for some time to come as many folks have told us how much they like the service and some may remain reluctant to enter the building. Pickup of materials will continue to be outside or inside depending on the weather.During the summer months the majority of our Children's programs will be held outside on the library lawn. Some programming will remain virtual.
Returns — The book drop is open. Return items any time. Materials may also be returned to the book carts outside the library's front door Monday and Wednesday 10:00 – 5:00, Tuesday and Thursday 10:00 – 8:00, Friday 10:00 – 2:00 and Saturday 10:00 – 2:00.
eBooks and Digital Media — We have an extensive collection of electronic resources which you can access from home. If you have questions about these services, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the library Monday and Wednesday 10:00 – 5:00, Tuesday and Thursday 10:00 – 8:00, Friday 10:00 – 2:00 and Saturday 10:00 – 2:00.
- Ask a Librarian — If you have any other questions, would like assistance with any of our digital resources, have questions about the library, or have reference questions, you can call the library at 978-456-4114 or email us at email@example.com.
We thank all our patrons for their support and encouragement in what has been a challenging year for everyone!
Curbside Pickup will continue!
The Harvard Public Library is pleased to offer Curbside Pickup for books, movies, and more.
Checkout our Curbside Pickup page for more information!
The book drop is open! Materials may be also be returned to the book carts outside the library's front door during curbside hours, Monday and Wednesday 10:00 – 5:00, Tuesday and Thursday 10:00 – 8:00, Friday 10:00 – 2:00 and Saturday 10:00 – 2:00.
Questions? Ask us!
Have a question about finding a specific eBook? Want suggestions on what to read next? Need help with your library card or assistance getting started with digital materials – eBooks, eAudiobooks or Digital Magazines and more?
Just email reference@harvardpublicl
We will be happy to email you or phone you back!
Our Virtual Library is always open:
- Through several separate digital collections the Harvard Public Library has many services available to you free from the comfort and safety of your home.
- Access over 300,000 eBooks and eAudiobooks, digital magazines and streaming videos and music.
- Learn a language, take an online class, or research your family genealogy.
- All for free and all from home.
- Don’t know where to start? See the quick reference chart on our eLibrary page.
- Browse the collection descriptions. For app instructions and additional tips and tricks click on Learn More under the logo for each collection.
Harvard Public Library 2021 Reading Challenge
Join the library for a fun, year long reading challenge designed to get you reading outside the box and talking with other readers in our community. Read a book that matches each of the 12 categories and participate the virtual conversation.
Interested? Click the link to learn more!
Harvard Public Library 2021 Reading Challenge
Want to see a Librarian Magic Trick?
- Give us the name of one of your favorite books or authors, and we will turn it into THREE new book suggestions! Email us today!
For Adult and Teen book recommendations: reference@
- For Children's book recommendations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Children's Room Online
Looking for virtual programs and ideas to keep the kids busy?
We are posting daily on the children's room social media pages!
On our social media pages you can find:
- information about HPL virtual storytimes presented in Zoom
- videos of simple crafts using common materials
- videos of abbreviated HPL storytimes
- other programs - like read-alouds for older kids, virtual Lego Club meetings, book groups - that we are presenting using Zoom
- lists of children's authors and illustrators who are doing online programs
- information about digital media like e-books and e-audio
- and links to videos we think you might enjoy
The Children's Room social media pages can be found here:
And we now have a YouTube channel for videos of storytime, read-alouds, and how-to crafts:
Looking for book suggestions? Try a Teen Book Grab Bag. Use this survey to tell us what you like to read, and the Teen Librarian will make you a grab bag of 5 books based on your preferences to be added to your curbside order, OR email you an book list with links to downloadable eBooks and eAudios.
Don’t forget- you can still use one of the library’s digital collections to check out an eBook, eAudiobook, eMagazine, graphic novel, streaming video or music!
Looking for something to do?
Request a Teen Take and Make kit to be added to your curbside order.