We are pleased to announce the following changes to our service in conjunction with the Governor's Reopening of Massachusetts.
As of June 17th 2021 we opened to all visitors without reservations. Masks are encouraged but not required.We will continue to make curbside service available as GRAB & GO! to patrons who request it. As of September 17, 2022 a patron must request the GRAB & GO service, otherwise the holds will be held at the Circulation Desk.
eBooks and Digital Media — We have an extensive collection of electronic resources which you can access from home. If you have questions about these services, you can email email@example.com, call or visit the library during our open hours.
- Ask a Librarian — If you have any other questions, would like assistance with any of our digital resources, have questions about the library, or have reference questions, you can call the library at 978-456-4114, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the library during our open hours.
We thank all our patrons for their support and encouragement in what has been a challenging time for everyone!
Questions? Ask us!
Have a question about finding a specific eBook? Want suggestions on what to read next? Need help with your library card or assistance getting started with digital materials – eBooks, eAudiobooks or Digital Magazines and more?
Just email reference@harvardpublicl
We will be happy to email you or phone you back!
Our Virtual Library is always open:
- Through several separate digital collections the Harvard Public Library has many services available to you free from the comfort and safety of your home.
- Access over 300,000 eBooks and eAudiobooks, digital magazines and streaming videos and music.
- Learn a language or take an online class.
- All for free and all from home.
- Don’t know where to start? See the quick reference chart on our eLibrary page.
- Browse the collection descriptions. For app instructions and additional tips and tricks click on Learn More under the logo for each collection.
Children's Room Online
We are posting daily on the children's room social media pages!
On our social media pages you can find:
- information about HPL storytimes
- videos of simple crafts using common materials
- videos of abbreviated HPL storytimes
- other programs - like read-alouds for older kids, book groups
- lists of children's authors and illustrators who are doing online programs
- information about digital media like e-books and e-audio
- and links to videos we think you might enjoy
The Children's Room social media pages can be found here:
And we now have a YouTube channel for videos of storytime, read-alouds, and how-to crafts:
Looking for book suggestions? Try a Teen Book Grab Bag. Use this survey to tell us what you like to read, and the Teen Librarian will make you a grab bag of 5 books based on your preferences to be added to your curbside order, OR email you an book list with links to downloadable eBooks and eAudios.
Don’t forget- you can use one of the library’s digital collections to check out an eBook, eAudiobook, eMagazine, graphic novel, streaming video or music!
Looking for something to do?